Minecraft is a title that has years of history behind it and does not slow down the fact that it has more and more players. Actually, in the midst of 2022, it continues to receive updates that come loaded with new features to keep the game updated, such as 1.18 Snapshot 21w37a. Thanks to a recent trend in which a good number of youtubers and streamers have played it, the young public has been able to rediscover this timeless work.
Even so, over the hours we can get bored of the content found in the game, so in this piece of our Minecraft guide we will tell you the best mods for the PC version of the game and the method to install them. Of course, it is worth mentioning that on console we can not install mods but we do have some tricks and special commands, so we can use them freely to make our game more varied and fun.
How to install mods in Minecraft
This is something that we already detailed in the corresponding piece of the guide linked in the first paragraph of this article, as each platform requires a special method. In addition, on the page where we have redirected you to the mods you will also find a detailed description of the installation process and use of these recommended mods for Minecraft, so if you follow these instructions there is no loss.
The best mods for Minecraft
Below we recommend a series of mods for Minecraft that we can find on the page Curseforge, who offer the community various useful content such as modifications not only for Minecraft, but several games. In addition, on the page itself we find a useful description of each mod and the method to download it on PC easily and step by step.
- Illemana Defense (1.16, 1.15 and 1.14): an adventure map that will take us into a story where civilization has been sheltered in a fortress called Illemana.
- Artifacts (1.16.1): adds new incentives to explore the world thanks to the inclusion of a good amount of powerful artifacts that cannot be manufactured, but found in dungeons.
- Botania (1.16.1): offers a huge amount of content focused mainly on magic and technology. With this mod installed we will be able to create all kinds of technological systems designed to extract, control and distribute the magic present in any tree, plant and flower in Minecraft.
- Blue Power (1.16.1): to be able to manufacture various types of technological elements, including machines, piping and wiring, which enable the transport and manipulation of redstone signals, blocks and objects of all kinds.
- Miners Advantage (1.16.1): focuses on offering a good amount of functionalities designed to provide comfort and speed when performing routine mining and farming tasks, among others.
- The Twist Labs (1.16, 1.15 and 1.14): adventure and puzzle map designed to be played by a maximum of two players. “An exciting day of playing many exciting Minecraft adventure maps is coming to an end and you’re going to sleep. But then everything is different”, says the page where the mod can be found.
- Vampirism (1.16.1): adds vampires to the game, as well as allowing us to decide if we want to be part of them, becoming a vampire, or if we want to fight them, becoming a vampire hunter. Each one has its advantages and disadvantages, as well as its own skill tree. The mod adds a new biome, called the vampire biome, which is home to creatures that live at night.
- The Farlanders (1.16.1): focuses on expanding Ender’s creatures, adding a total of thirteen new creatures related to the Enderman. Some of these creatures will be hostile towards our character, while others will offer us trading options and some of them can be tamed to become players’ companions.
- Controllable (1.16.1): interesting mod that offers compatibility to the system so that we can play Minecraft with various types of controllers such as Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- MrCrayfish’s Furniture (1.16.1): offers new decoration options through modern style furniture, which fits well with the original design of the different elements that are part of the base game.